Join the Conversation #gradccc
We encourage you to capture this special moment with your graduate at our specially created photo backdrops. These backdrops will be located around the main concourse by college. You are welcome to take pictures after the ceremony.
GradImages, a professional photography company, will take two photos of graduates during the Commencement Ceremony: 1) as they shake hands with their college President and 2) as they exit the stage holding their degree cover. Approximately one week after the ceremony, your graduate will receive an email from GradImages to their CCC email with instructions to view and order their photos.
No photographers will be permitted on the floor at the UIC Pavilion. Guests will NOT be allowed to access the floor to present flowers or otherwise interrupt the proceedings. Please make arrangements with your graduate to meet outside the Pavilion after the ceremony.
Information & Concessions
City Colleges Volunteers will be located throughout the UIC Pavilion to help direct or answer any questions you may have. Please look for the volunteer badges.
UIC Pavilion will have Concessions open before and during the Ceremony.
First Aid Stations
First Aid Station is located near Gate 4. If you need assistance or medical attention, please seek UIC Pavilion Staff or UIC Security.
Parking is free of charge. Three well-lit University parking lots adjacent to and across the street from the Pavilion provide convenient parking. An additional parking lot – Lot 9 (on Morgan and Harrison) will be available if needed. Police will direct traffic and assist with parking as the lots fill.
Driving Direction to the UIC Pavilion
From the South
- Exit the Dan Ryan (I-90/94) Expressway at Roosevelt Road
- West (left) on Roosevelt Road to Halsted Street
- North (right) on Halsted Street to Harrison Street
- West (left) on Harrison Street to Racine
From the North
- Exit the Kennedy (I-90/94) Expressway at Eisenhower (I-290) Expressway West
- West (right) on Eisenhower (I-290) to Morgan Street (first exit)
- South (left) on Morgan Street to Harrison Street
- West (right) on Harrison Street to Racine
From the West
- Exit the Eisenhower (I-290) Expressway at Racine
- South (right) on Racine to Harrison Street
From the East
- Exit the Eisenhower (I-290) Expressway at Ashland Avenue
- South (left) on Ashland Avenue to Harrison Street
- East (left) on Harrison to Racine
Taking Public Transportation to the UIC Pavilion
CTA buses (#7) stop on Harrison Street, west of Racine. We are also near the CTA Blue Line. For more information, call the CTA at 312-836-7000 or visit transitchicago.com
Seating for Families & Guests
Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. The doors of the UIC Pavilion open one hour before the ceremony. Since seating is open, please do not save seats in any way other than sitting in the seat. Special seating is available to guests who are hearing impaired or disabled.
Children and infants will not be allowed to accompany graduates on the arena floor. For safety reasons, please arrange for family or friends to care for children in the guest seats.
Guests are not permitted on the arena floor level before, during or after the ceremony. Violators will be escorted by security from the ceremony.
All guests age 1 and older must have a ticket to enter the UIC Pavilion. Each graduate will receive an allotted number of tickets for guests to the Pavilion or overflow area. A graduation usher will direct guests to available seats.
Guests arriving late, or when the arena has reached capacity, will NOT be permitted into the arena and will be directed to an overflow area adjacent to the Pavilion to watch the ceremony live via video stream.
Please refrain from bringing horns, mechanical noise makers, laser pointers, strollers/car seats or helium balloons to the Commencement ceremony. These items will be confiscated upon entry by the UIC Pavilion security.
Guests with Accessibility Needs
There are accommodations for both parking and seating for elderly and disabled guests. If your guests require special seating accommodations, please notify an usher or UIC Pavilion Guest Services. To get more information, please visit UIC Pavilion Guest Services.
Upon arrival at the venue, guests with special needs should ask for a “guest services” host. An information table will be located just inside the main entrance at Gate 3. The UIC Pavilion does not provide wheelchairs for guests to use during the commencement; however, they can assist with escorting your guests to their seats via a wheelchair or providing a handicap accessible seat.
Available services include:
- Early admission to the ceremony
- Preferred seating in the case of the mobility/hearing impairment
- A reserved seating section for hearing impaired guests requiring sign language interpreting services
- For those with their own wheelchair, UIC Pavilion staff will help identify the accessible seating sections.
- Ushers will direct you to accessible seating sections. Only one family member may accompany the individual in these designated areas. All other family members must fine seating as available. Limited seating is available for family members needing assistance.